1.27.2009

Exercising will be the death of me, I'm sure of it!

I hate exercising...I do it, but I hate it. Anyone who tells me that the more I do it, the more I will love it is wrong. However, I am attempting to do my first ever 5K. I'm not a runner and I think I use that as an excuse a lot for why I don't lose weight like I want to or why I despise going to the gym. So, I have decided to conquer this challenge. My friend Diane turned me on to a program called "From Couch to 5K." An appropriate title for me! :) And I must say, it is definitely doable...so far! I am currently on week 5 and haven't died yet so that's good news!
The 5K is in Valpo on April 4th and is called Ringing in Spring. I have a couple of friends who are walking it and one friend who will run it with me. Friend, if you are reading this (and I know you are!) how are you doing?!? You can do it! :)

I am looking into getting a new pair of running shoes so if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to it!

I'll keep you posted on my progress...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I also hate exercising. And you are a better woman than me, because I just sit around thinking about how awful it is.

Unknown said...

I hat exercise also! I think I can...I think I can..